Stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease is the moderate stage of kidney disease in which kidneys are functioning at 30%~59%. With the decline of kidney function, extra fluid and waste products build up in the blood gradually, resulting in various symptoms. In this case, effective treatments, scientific diet and healthy lifestyles are needed to slow the progress of patients kidney disease.
When kidneys can’t do their work so efficiently, the inner body balance will be disturbed along with the following symptoms.
- High blood pressure
- Renal anemia
- Early bone disease
- Swelling or fluid retention
- Blood urine or proteinuria
- Back pain or kidney pain
If you have one of these symptoms, you should tell your doctor and receive effective treatments as soon as possible. Otherwise, they are more likely to speed up the progress of your illness condition.
Firstly, patients with Stage 3 CKD are recommended to visit their doctors every 3-6 months that can help monitor their medical condition timely. To slow down or even stop the progress of stage 3 kidney disease, treatments should include several tips including:
1. Treat underlying cause: Chronic kidney disease can result from various factors. If uncontrolled effectively, the cause will attack inherent kidney cells again and again. From this point, find out the underlying cause and try to make it under the control.
2. Tight control of symptoms: Symptoms such as high blood pressure and proteinuria can cause further kidney damage easily. Besides, they can also lead to a series of other serious problems. For example, ACEi and ARBs are used commonly to lower high blood pressure as well as proteinuria. According to your illness condition, consult the doctor to take correct medications.
3. Repair damaged but not necrotic kidney cells: Micro-Chinese Medicine has been used maturely in China to treat chronic kidney disease, through expanding blood vessels, increasing the blood flows into kidneys, activating blood and anti-inflammation. All of these effects can do a lot to restore damaged but not necrotic kidney cells. As long as these kidney cells recover to work properly, kidney function level will increase obviously.
Patients’ medical case changes from person to person, so you need to tell us more about your illness condition through emailing to email@example.com or consulting our online doctor. Then, we can give you some suggestions in detail.
Besides correct medical treatments, a healthy diet is also needed to treat stage 3 kidney disease, and this diet should be in accord with some general dietary requirements.
- Develop a low-sodium diet: For people with kidney disease, extra sodium will induce or worsen patients’ high blood pressure and swelling, so a low-sodium diet with sodium of 1,000 ~ 4,000 mg is needed.
- Follow a low-protein diet: Limit the total amount of protein intake but take in more high-quality protein, because high-quality protein produces fewer waste products and toxins. Egg white, milk, lean meat, and fish contains high-quality protein.
These two requirements are basic. Besides, patients should also pay attention to the intake of fluid, potassium, phosphorus, fat, etc.
From the above analysis, we can know even though kidneys in stage 3 kidney disease can’t work so efficiently, they can still do their own job. With effective and prompt treatment, patients with stage 3 CKD still have a chance to reverse their kidney damage. Hopefully, you can be the next one to reverse kidney damage.
With Lupus Nephritis, a characteristic red ski...Learn More
Once you find an effective treatment for Nephr...Learn More