Interventional Therapy for kidney disease means that a physician introduces a long and thin tube into the body, under the help of an imaging technique to the kidney lesions.
Then, the physician can deliver treatment directly through the following three ways:
● Inject the medicines through the tube
● Place stents in renal arteries via the tube
● Repair of congenital malformations
● Improve renal nerve diseases
● Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation
● Other treatments
The reason why this method is called “Interventional Therapy” is that a imaging technique is involved, in order to making tiny tubes reach to kidney lesions directly.
● Targeted. It means this therapy can achieve local application (medicines or setup of equipment). Therefore, Interventional Therapy can reduce the side effects of oral medicines or intravenous infusion. In addition, this method can increasing therapeutic effect of the drugs with few injury.
● Curative for certain kidney disease. This method solve the problem of relapse of certain kidney disease, such as Hypertensive Nephropathy, Diabetic Nephropathy and kidney diseases due to ischemia-reperfusion.
● Accurate for kidney disease diagnosis. Though the interventional equipment, some kidney disease can be more accurately diagnosed.
● New. Interventional Therapy is an emerging method to treat some complicated renal diseases. For example, kidney cancer can be well treated by this therapy.
Interventional Therapy used in our hospital, Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital has its own indications. They generally include:
● Refractory Hypertensive Nephropathy
● Kidney disease caused by ischemia
● Kidney disease caused by thrombosis of renal vein
● Kidney disease caused by congenital renal malformations
● Kidney tumor and kidney cancer
● Kidney cyst and Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
● Diabetic Nephropathy and its complications
● Kidney hemangioma
● Other disease that can be treated with interventional therapy
What troubles most Nephrotic Syndrome patients...Learn More
Membranous Nephropathy is a kidney disorder co...Learn More